EMV Software Forum Index EMV Software
EMV Software discussion forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Fanmade sequel ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMV Software Forum Index -> Kastle Kumquat - Questions, Suggestions and Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitm4n
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: A Fanmade sequel ? Reply with quote

Discussion in the Retro Remakes forum has spurred an idea to me. Hows about a standalone editor for KK, as a free release so players can make their own rooms. Rooms would save singularly, would have to be sent to me (room data zips very small) and i could compile a huge new map for everyone to play.

So release a new fanmade version of the game with loads of new rooms for free again, with all submissions getting a name credit ingame.

The game would see some fixes and changes soon too.
FranticFranz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really cool idea ! Some KK players are certainly traps&puzzles genius, and could submit new diabolic rooms.
The 1-room-a-save is limitating puzzles, is it possible to consider 2 or 3 rooms for a save ?
hitm4n
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make 50 rooms, and have them linked by doorways or secrets, its just they save singularly. You then zip em and send to me with any instructions. Then we would all playtest them and make sure i got them all right, then when happy release to public. I've made a few rooms which i can finish off as a starting point. As long as you have a doorway into your block of rooms and one out i can connect everyones blocks up with a simple path.

Should be good if enough people offer up a few rooms each.
Tjurboyer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you guys think and tell others is very helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EMV Software Forum Index -> Kastle Kumquat - Questions, Suggestions and Bugs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: